Information for our International Patients:
As one of the leading centers in Europe the West German Prostate Center offers the entire spectrum of diagnostics, therapies, and follow-up care for patients with prostate disease. A team of experienced specialists, who have joined their expertise in various fields under one roof, provides patient care on the highest level. Patients benefit from modern medical technology and the experience and expertise of our renowned doctors.
Aside from the treatment of benign prostate enlargement (BPE) using the latest laser- and resection-techniques, the West German Prostate Center has specialized in the treatment of prostate cancer with innovative advanced-technology radiation therapy, the so-called brachytherapy. Since founding of the interdisciplinary center in 2002, more than 4500 brachytherapies have been performed treating localized prostate cancer.
The Westgerman Prostate Center is founding member of the International Prostate Group (IPG), a venture of nationally recognized centers of excellence for prostate therapy in the US and Europe offering leading edge care and treatment. Due to the international reputation each year, many patients from Europe and overseas are treated in the Westgerman Prostate Center. To meet the diverse needs of patients there is a specific international service. Here, we coordinate all the tasks before, during and after your treatment, so you and your families have a comfortable and stress-free stay in Cologne.
Our service for international patients:
- We speak English, French, Dutch and Persian.
- We provide translators.
- We organize and coordinate all medical preparatory studies and medical education talks.
- We support the application of a medical visa in collaboration with the German Embassy
- We support you with the travel arrangements (flight, hotel, etc.).
- Our patient rooms are equipped with TV with English TV channels, Internet access, English newspapers and magazines.
- Prayer times and special meal requests are considered.
- A cost estimate will be sent to you on request.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
International Patient Service
West German Prostate Center
Tel: (0221) 9 24 24 470
Fax: (0221) 9 24 24 460